How to activate my debit or credit card?
One of the doubts that bank customers have once they grant them their debit card or credit card is the correct way to activate the debit or credit card, and it is the doubt that we will solve in this article.
- What is the difference between a debit card and a credit card?
- How to activate my debit or credit card?
- How do I activate credit cards?
- Automatic Activation
- Activation Via SMS
- Activation by phone
- What happens if my card is not activated?
- Scotiabank Colpatria: How can I activate my debit or credit card?
- Bancolombia: How can I activate my debit or credit card?
- Davivienda: How can I activate my debit or credit card?
- Banco de Bogotá: How can I activate my debit or credit card?
What is the difference between a debit card and a credit card?
Credit card: This allows you to use the line of credit approved by the Bank, deferring the payment of its use to a certain number of instalments with the corresponding interest. In addition, the money is a loan by the Bank granted through the credit card, so the cardholder must repay the money in instalments plus interest.
Debit card: Allows access to the deposits available in the current or savings account of the cardholder, the money being debited from the cardholder’s account, so it is not money loaned by the Bank.
How to activate my debit or credit card?
Something to keep in mind is that each Bank may have its way of activating debit cards or credit cards, so the information we offer you is how to activate the cards of most banks.
How do I activate credit cards?
Credit cards, in general, can be activated by various means, and in some cases, it is not necessary to activate them.
Some credit or debit cards are activated automatically, depending on the delivery channel:
- Credit cards delivered in Retail stores: They are already active, which allows them to be used immediately and is delivered to the customer at the point of sale.
- Credit cards delivered in Branches, external sales forces, and other channels: This type of credit card is active within two business days if they are in a central city and will take three business days. Suppose they are in other cities if they meet the documentary policy and validations required by the Bank’s risk and operational area.
After the card is activated, monthly statements will send electronically or physically, informing them of the status and available space of the credit card.
Activation Via SMS
One of the automatic channels to activate a credit card is the old SMS. To activate the leading credit cards via SMS, follow these steps:
- First, they must activate their card.
- Now, they will receive a text message asking them to activate it.
- They must respond to the text message with the last six numbers of the card and their date of birth DDMMYY without special characters. They must leave a space between the numbers on your card and the date of birth.
- The Bank will send the confirmation that the card was activated.
- They must assign the advance key.
After activating the card, they must contact the Bank’s telephone line. The autoresponder will request a 4-digit code to make withdrawals and advances, following the steps dictated by the system.
Activation by phone
Some cards can activate by calling the Bank’s direct line. After answering a series of questions from the call centre, the credit cards can use immediately after activating them.
What happens if my card is not activated?
If for some reason, the card did not activate, they may need to solve or deliver extra information or documentation according to the risk policy, for which they should contact the advisor or go to a bank branch.
Scotiabank Colpatria: How can I activate my debit or credit card?
Call the Helpline and follow the instructions to activate the card. You can also request to speak with a Service Advisor by dialling option 0 (zero) and then option 1 (one) for Bank Advisor.
How soon can I use my debit card after activating it?
After changing the password through the Customer Service Line or a Scotiabank Colpatria ATM in Colombia, they will be able to use the debit card immediately for withdrawals and inquiries at all Scotiabank Colpatria ATMs and the Servibanca green network.
They must wait at least 24 hours to use the debit card to make purchases, withdrawals in networks other than Scotiabank Colpatria and Servibanca, and payments for public services in the Mispagosaldia portal the PSE payment system, an update is needed in those channels.
How soon can I use my credit card after activating it?
They will be able to use it immediately for advances and purchases in commercial establishments.
Bancolombia: How can I activate my debit or credit card?
To activate the Debit Card of the Bancolombia account. If they have opened a Bancolombia Savings Account digitally, they will be able to activate the debit card. To activate the card, you need:
- Have an active Bancolombia Savings Account.
- If you have a Bancolombia debit card without activating
- Have the ID number and the Bancolombia Code at hand.
- Keep your cell phone handy.
Davivienda: How can I activate my debit or credit card?
How do I activate my debit card or my credit card? To activate the debit card or credit card, you can do it in the APP Davivienda Móvil by following a series of steps:
- Enter with the ID number and virtual key to the Davivienda Móvil APP.
- Select the menu icon on the left.
- Look for the tools icon on the right side of the screen, and in the “Settings” option, you will find the options to activate your pending products by activation.
Banco de Bogotá: How can I activate my debit or credit card?
Debit Card Activation
- If they do not have a Secure Key, then they must first create a Secure Key:
If they do not have a Token and do not receive the Security Code on the cell phone, they must go to a Banco de Bogotá office to activate the Debit Card.
- Go to their website and look for the option “Register to a Secure Key” at the bottom right.
- Identify yourself with your document number and accept the terms and conditions
- Enter the eight digits indicated in the image of your Debit Card
- Receive and confirm the code sent to your cell phone registered
- with the Bank.
- Define and verify your Secure Key.
If you already have a Secure Key
- Enter the Bank’s Transactional Area through the Bank’s website
- In the “Services and Requests” menu, select the “Activation of Cards” option.
- Enter the eight digits indicated in the image of your Debit Card to activate and select the “Debit” option in the “Type of Card” field and continue.
- Enter the Security Code of the *Token or the one sent to the cell phone, assign the new password for the Debit Card, confirm it, and click OK.
Credit Card Activation
Once the documentation previously requested in the Office has been filled out and delivered, and after three business days, you will have the credit card activated.
In short, if we want to use a card, we must never forget to activate them.
Thanks for reading: How to activate my debit or credit card?