What is the Discover Bank Routing Number?
The Discover Bank routing number is 031100649. It is used for electronic transfers made by ACH (including Direct Deposit) and for domestic wire transfers (from another financial institution within the U.S.).
The company, founded in 1924, operates the Discover Card and is one of the leading issuers of credit cards. But customers who prefer to bank in person won’t like that Discover® has only one physical branch.
How do I send a wire transfer?
Follow the steps below to send an outgoing wire transfer. Please make sure your request is submitted at least 2-3 days in advance of when you would like us to process your wire to ensure pre-processing can be completed; allow additional time if mailing your request.
International and Domestic Wire Transfer requests received and verified before 3:00 PM ET on a business day will be processed the same day. Requests received and verified after 3:00 PM ET on a business day or any time on a weekend or holiday will be processed by the next business day.
A Wire Transfer Specialist will review your form before your wire transfer is processed. If we need to verify additional information, we will attempt to contact you within 24 hours of your submission at the primary phone number on your account. Wire Transfer Specialists are available to assist you Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) (Wire transfer specialists are unavailable on weekends and Federal Reserve Bank holidays).
You can submit a wire transfer request through the Account Center, or by downloading, completing, and submitting the paper form.
- Domestic Wire Transfer
- International Wire Transfer Request may only be submitted using the paper form
- Domestic Wire Transfer Request Form (wire transfers within the United States)
- International Wire Transfer Request Form (wire transfers outside the United States)
Once you have completed your Wire Transfer Request Form, you can submit it through any of the following methods:
- Upload the form through Secure Document Upload
- Fax the form to 1-224-813-5213, Attention “Wire Transfer Request”
- Mail the form to Discover Bank, PO Box 30417, Salt Lake City, UT 84130
Is there a service charge for sending a wire transfer?
There is a $30 service charge for each outgoing wire transfer sent from your Discover bank account. Domestic wire transfers in Discover Bank normally take up to 24 hours to be completed. To receive domestic wire transfers, you are required to provide the following details to the sending financial institution in order to initiate the transfer.
Domestic Wire Transfer Fees at Discover Bank
There is a $30 service charge for each outgoing wire transfer sent from your Discover bank account. Incoming wire transfers, domestic or international, incur no fees (as long as they are in US dollars).
International Wire Transfer Fees at Discover Bank
Like every other major bank, initiating or receiving a Discover Bank wire transfer incurs a fee. The Discover Bank international wire transfer fee is a bit different, however.
Discover actually doesn’t have a service charge for receiving domestic wires or for receiving international wires in US dollars. However, if you’ll be receiving international wire transfers in a foreign currency, the currency exchange rate is determined by their designated intermediary bank and will impact the amount received by Discover. Because of this, the transfer might incur a $20 currency exchange fee.
How do I receive a wire transfer?
For domestic wire transfers (from another bank in U.S.), please wire funds to:
- Beneficiary Bank: Discover Bank
- ABA/Routing Number: 031100649
- Beneficiary Bank Address (if required): 502 East Market Street, Greenwood DE 19950
- Beneficiary Name: Your name (as it appears on your Discover Bank account)
- Beneficiary Account Number: Your Discover Bank account number
For international wire transfers (from another bank outside the U.S.), please wire funds to:
- Beneficiary Bank: Bank of New York Mellon
- ABA/Routing Number: 043000261
- SWIFT Code: IRVTUS3N
- Beneficiary Bank Address (if required): #3 Mellon Bank Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15258
- Beneficiary Name: Discover Bank
- Beneficiary Account Number: 9914394
- For Further Credit to: Your name (as it appears on your Discover Bank account) and your Discover Bank account number
Wire transfers received before 4:00 PM ET will be posted to your account on the business day we receive them.
Wire transfers received after 4:00 PM ET will post to your account the following business day, with an effective date of the business day the funds were received.
Some wire transfers may require additional processing time. In those cases, your wire transfer will post to your account upon completion of processing, with an effective date of the business day the funds were received. If it has been more than 2 business days since your inbound wire was sent and it has not yet posted, feel free to call us at 1-800-347-2683.
Are there any service charges or fees for receiving a wire transfer?
Discover does not assess a service charge for receiving domestic wires or for receiving international wires in U.S. dollars.
For international wire transfers received in a foreign currency, the currency exchange rate is determined by our designated intermediary bank and will impact the amount received by Discover. Our designated intermediary bank may also apply a $20 currency exchange fee.
Note: If an intermediary bank not designated by us is used in the transfer process, that intermediary bank may charge you a fee for their services that could impact the total amount we receive.
- Open an account, or bank by phone 1-800-347-7000. For calls from a TDD/TTY device 1-800-347-7454. Online Banking Technical Support 1-800-290-9885.
- Discover Student Deposits Program 1-800-767-7344. Account Agreement 1-800-983-1245.
- Identity Verification 1-866-598-7726. Inactive Accounts 1-888-204-8999.
Is Discover Bank a real bank?
Discover is best known for its rewards credit cards, but that’s just a portion of its business. It’s a full-service online bank, as well as a payment services company. Discover offers banking and retirement solutions for individuals. Discover is also a lender, with personal, student and home equity loans available.
How do I deposit money into Discover bank?
Deposit locally, transfer electronically. Online banks such as Ally, Capital One 360 and Discover let you link your account electronically to another account at a traditional bank or credit union. If that linked institution has a local branch, make your cash deposit there.
Here are your deposit options:
- Deposit a check with Discover’s Mobile Check Deposit using your mobile device. …
- Complete an online transfer from an eligible Discover Bank Account.
- Complete an online transfer from an external bank account.
- Set up Direct Deposit.
What is the Discover Bank Routing Number?